Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A So-So weekend

The last few days or poker have been So So. I allowed my self to get tilted while playing against a retard at a 60NL table. I had AQs with Top pair second kicker and he had been shoving with all sorts of garbage. He managed to get all his money in on the turn with a double gut shot str8 draw and a backdoor flush draw with only a 3d...I love it when an idiot does something like that, but I hate it when they catch. Oh well, that was the trigger, I managed to tilt off another $80 to him over the coarse of about 3 orbits, so I figured continuing was -EV. Fortunately, I was playing better at my other tables, profited sufficiently there to compensate.

Overall I'm down less than a Buy In from where I was on Friday, but I'm still pretty displeased with my play. I think one of the reasons is when I go back and see where my biggest losses are, its either in spots where I have the nuts but went looking for a check raise and the villian checked behind and caught a backdoor flush or when I make a big move against a villian that had Calling Station tendancies. These I consider mental errors on my part because if you add them up they really account for a hige chunk of change. The fact is at the lower limits its generally very easy to get paid off when you have the goods, so why bluff? Its not always that black and white, but when you go back and look at the results it seems that way.

I think luck plays a factor into everyone's game, I think the difference between a break even player and a winning player is making the right decisions when they count, especially when it comes down to letting go of a hand. Case in point:
Seat 1: mstrbball ($18.75)
Seat 2: Hofdaddy ($91.10)
Seat 3: tbone pablo ($71)
Seat 4: PK_Robber ($174.75)
Seat 5: Raz0rMoron ($93.65)
Seat 6: acesupurass ($20.85)
Raz0rMoron posts the small blind of $0.25
acesupurass posts the big blind of $0.50
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to PK_Robber [Kh Kd]
mstrbball folds
Hofdaddy folds
tbone pablo calls $0.50
PK_Robber raises to $2.25
Raz0rMoron calls $2
acesupurass folds
tbone pablo calls $1.75
*** FLOP *** [5s 9s 2d]
Raz0rMoron checks
tbone pablo bets $0.50
PK_Robber raises to $5.50
Raz0rMoron folds
tbone pablo calls $5
*** TURN *** [5s 9s 2d] [2c]
tbone pablo checks
PK_Robber bets $14
tbone pablo has 15 seconds left to act
tbone pablo calls $14
*** RIVER *** [5s 9s 2d 2c] [Qh]
tbone pablo has 15 seconds left to act
tbone pablo bets $24
PK_Robber calls $24
*** SHOW DOWN ***
tbone pablo shows [2h 2s] four of a kind, Twos

I think if I were a better player, I could have folded this on the river and saved a 1/2 buy in.

No comments: