Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Crazy 1st part of the week

Wow, I feel like I just got off a rollercoaster.

Monday night's play was horrible on my part. I had a huge downswing, I managed to get myself on monkey tilt, which is horrible. I took some bad beats, but in all I deserved the beats I got. I took a break, actually tried to go to bed, but then couldn't sleep, probably because of the two bottles of pop I drank in the afternoon, never a good idea. Then decided to sit down and try to straighten things out. The good news is it worked. I logged back on limited myself to 3 tables and commensed to play the session of a lifetime. Making good calls, bets, and folds. All in all allowed myself to finish the session only down about 3 BIs where as my low point was a whopping 14 (something definately wasn't working upstairs), here is a picture of the good bad and ugly:



However, there is one hand I'm not particularly proud of that still has myself shaking my head thinking I why didn't I let this go: (Let me know what you think)

Villian was: 16.5/8/1

FullTiltPoker Game (6 max) - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em - 5:05:34 ET - 2007/09/18
Seat 1: HIGHFIVE21 ($44.50)
Seat 2: luigi71 ($104.60)
Seat 3: Acepooper44 ($63.25)
Seat 4: khoa_expo ($30.95)
Seat 5: PK_Robber ($240.90)
Seat 6: v-ville ($51.55)
v-ville posts the small blind of $0.25
HIGHFIVE21 posts the big blind of $0.50
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to PK_Robber [Qd Qh]
luigi71 calls $0.50
Acepooper44 folds
khoa_expo folds
PK_Robber raises to $2.25
v-ville folds
HIGHFIVE21 has 15 seconds left to act
HIGHFIVE21 folds
luigi71 calls $1.75
*** FLOP *** [Jd 3c 3h]
luigi71 checks
PK_Robber bets $3.50
luigi71 calls $3.50
*** TURN *** [Jd 3c 3h] [7d]
luigi71 checks
PK_Robber bets $11.50
luigi71 raises to $23
PK_Robber calls $11.50
*** RIVER *** [Jd 3c 3h 7d] [7h]
luigi71 has 15 seconds left to act
luigi71 bets $75.85, and is all in
PK_Robber calls $75.85
*** SHOW DOWN ***
luigi71 shows [7s 7c] four of a kind, Sevens
PK_Robber mucks
luigi71 wins the pot ($206.95) with four of a kind, Sevens
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $209.95 | Rake $3
Board: [Jd 3c 3h 7d 7h]
Seat 1: HIGHFIVE21 (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 2: luigi71 showed [7s 7c] and won ($206.95) with four of a kind, Sevens
Seat 3: Acepooper44 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: khoa_expo didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: PK_Robber (button) mucked [Qd Qh] - two pair, Queens and Sevens
Seat 6: v-ville (small blind) folded before the Flop

Here are some of my thoughts, I really had this guy pegged for an underpair. I figured he was only giving me credit for AQ or AK on the flop. When he min bets be on the turn, I'm really thinking boy, he's got 77. but when the case 7 comes on river, I'm thinking, this guys is definately not limping AA or JJ PF. So he either just rivered Quads, has AJ or even bluffing(not likely, I really figured him for Jx.) Moral of the story, the stats don't lie, this guys is passive as all get out, for him to shove here he either has the nuts or is completely bluffing. Spots like this I think are the biggest leak in my game.

All in all, I'm hoping the rest of the week will be better. Monday was such a horrible experience I took yesterday off from Poker and tried to regain my senses. Hopefully when I sit down again, things will come back together.

2 comments:

Bee said...

Like your blog so far. i am also a Cr member. CR name Bee I will put your blog on my blog.. this is my new blog. http://thelowlimitgrinder.wordpress.com

If you want to talk poker drop me a pm on CR

Anonymous said...

Nice play. I found the hand is easier to follow like this:

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/2327

You can embed the visual right in your posts so that it's easier to understand.